Theatre faculty and students can access the online Room Reservation System to reserve studios.
Please take note of the following regulations when booking rooms for student use:
- Undergraduate theatre students are allotted 10 hours of room booking per semester.
- You may book time for course-work during your undergraduate degree. Bookings are made on a first-come, first-served basis through the online booking system.
- Online booking will be permitted after the second week of classes/ the DNE deadline, provided it is for curricular use.
- You are not permitted to book rooms for another person.
- Studios cannot be used for commercial gain.
Full-time faculty and graduate students supervised by a Theatre faculty member may book time for research work during low-use periods, such as summer and winter breaks, subject to approval by the Chair.
Production rehearsals must be arranged through the Director of Performance Production, Jen Strahl or designate.
Studios cannot be used for commercial gain.
Request for exceptions to the above policy are viewed on a case-by-case basis. You must complete the Theatre Special Event Request Form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org, for consultation with the Department Chair.
Non-curricular or external
The FC Smith Complex, Oscar Peterson Concert Hall and Concordia Theatre (formerly called the D.B. Clarke Theatre) are available for external events scheduled on campus. Internal and external rental rates may apply. Rates vary for Internal Users, Preferred External Users and External Users.
Please address inquiries to Jen Strahl.
Guidelines for space use
In the event that you cannot make your scheduled time, please cancel the booking at least one hour in advance.
Safety guidelines are upheld. For a list of University Policies, see the Office of the Vice-President, Institutional Relations and Secretary General website.
- Remove all outside footwear
- Place all furniture, props and audio visual equipment in its proper area and do not remove anything from the room (including chairs, tables, mats, remote controls).
- Extra furniture is returned to its original place and the room is in its zero state.
- Keep the room clean when you leave: remove any garbage, signs and/or tape.
- Do not bring food or drink (with the sole exception of water bottles) into the studios.
In the case of an emergency or in need of assistance, contact SECURITY at 514-848-2424 ext. 3717.