Extended holiday break and new dates for the winter 2021 term
Nearly eight months into the pandemic, we are hearing that many students are experiencing increased stress and fatigue, caused by the challenges and isolation of studying remotely, as well as feelings of uncertainty about the future. It has been a difficult time for many of us.
Start of winter 2021 term delayed by one week
Extraordinary times call for extraordinary measures. Recognizing that members of the Concordia community may need additional ‘downtime’ over the holiday season to rest and prepare for the upcoming term, winter 2021 classes will now commence on Wednesday, January 13, 2021. It will remain a 13-week term, ending on April 20.
Please make a note of these additional details and date changes:
- The university will re-open on Monday, January 11, and all services will resume, including limited in-person access to the library and the Birks Student Service Centre.
- DNE date for winter 2021: moved from January 19 to January 26
- DISC for winter 2021: moved from March 22 to March 29
- The current dates for Reading Week 2021 (March 1-5) remain the same
- The new final exams period: April 24 – May 9
- Tuition fee deadlines have already been extended
- The start of the 2021 summer terms will be delayed. Specific dates will be announced soon.
Details still to be finalized
It will take some time for the logistics of these changes to our academic calendar to be finalized and implemented. As a result, it may be a few weeks before the changes are reflected on the Academic Calendar, MyConcordia, the SIS and your class schedule.
In-person academic activities
As was the case during the fall 2020 term, the winter 2021 term will be remote, but some in-person activities will continue to be offered, as long as health and safety guidelines allow it.
We’ll be updating the list of in-person activities by the end of November so check this page then.
If you have any questions, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Take good care of yourselves, and each other,
Interim Provost and Vice-President, Academic