Planning an in-person activity on campus?
Concordia members can resume organizing and hosting on-campus events, including conferences, exhibitions, performances, and other non-academic gatherings with external participants. Learn more
Over 200 venues on campus, from classrooms to small conference rooms, from banquet halls to large theatres and amphitheatres.
How you reserve your space and plan your event depends on the venue you need and whether you are a Concordia Staff or Faculty, part of a Student Association or a member of the public.
To see who manages the space you would like to request, refer to the Designated Space Administrators (DSA) list.
What is a Designated Space Administrator (DSA)? Designated Space Administrators (DSAs) manage and book all venues across the campus. Depending on the venue, you will make your reservation through Hospitality Concordia, or through another individual who manages that venue.
Select from below for space request instructions:
- If the venue is managed by Hospitality Concordia, Staff and Faculty may submit space requests through MyEvents. Once you log in, you will be able to browse through our venues and their availability ("Browse" tab), and have access to a wealth of event-planning resources and documents, checklists, university policies and forms.
- Students who have a valid Concordia ID may browse venues and availability for student events, but only authorized booking officers that are part of a Student Association registered with the Dean of Students Office may submit the request on the their behalf. To find out who your booking officer is, please contact the Dean of Students Office.
We now have five options to select when booking space on campus:
Request a virtual space
- Make sure to submit a request for a virtual event at least 15 business days prior to your event.
- If you wish to organize a virtual event (such as a webinar) independently without additional support from Hospitality, you need to fill out this form from IITS.
Request an event space
- Make sure to submit a request for an event space (all types of venues except classrooms, virtual, and kiosks) at least 15 business days prior to your event.
- If you require classrooms in addition to the event space(s) you are requesting, please mention this is the additional information section of this form.
Request a classroom
- Make sure to submit a request for classroom space at least 10 business days prior to your event.
- Kindly note that classrooms are placed on a waiting list until Academic Scheduling has finalized the class schedule. You will then be notified as to whether a venue is available or not.
- For quicker response time, consider reserving another room type by selecting the “request an event space” reservation form.
Request a kiosk
- Make sure to submit a request for a kiosk at least 5 business days prior to your event.
- When booking a kiosk, you are allowed to use one (1) kiosk and two (2) chairs. No extra furniture is permitted. For some spaces, the required setup is one (1) table and two (2) chairs.
- For the delivery and return of equipment, open a work order with Facilities Management by calling 514-848-2424 ext. 2400 or by email at email@example.com
- Make sure to submit a request for equipment at least 5 business days prior to your event.
- Kindly note that if you are requesting an event space or classroom and need equipment, you will need to complete the “request equipment” form in addition to your room request.
Upon submission, a reservation summary will be automatically emailed to you. Once your request has been reviewed by Hospitality, an email with an update will be sent. All requests are considered pending until s space confirmation is sent via email.
If the venue is managed by another Designated Space Administrator (DSA), please contact that individual directly. Refer to the Designated Space Administrators (DSA) List to see who manages the venue that interests you.
What you need to know about your request:
- All requests are reviewed and events must adhere to all Concordia University policies.
- As part of the Policy on Hospitality, Meetings and Events on Campus, Staff and Faculty must obtain prior approval from their Dean/Administrative Unit if alcohol will be serve/sell at the event and/or if the catering portion of the event will exceed $5,000. The Prior Approval Form must be included with the request for space.
- Temporary use of space on campus is subject to the Policy on Use of Temporary Space and to the Booking Terms and Conditions.
- Requests are evaluated on a first-come, first-served basis. You can avoid processing delays by submitting detailed and accurate event information with your request.
- Some venues require as many as 15 business days notice, so please submit your request well in advance of your preferred event date.
- You must respect the maximum capacity of the venue.
- Ensure that the space is equiped to suit your needs, otherwise you may need to make arrangements for equipment such as podiums, lighting, additional chairs, projectors, etc.
- Depending on the DSA, you may receive a confirmation when your request is approved.
- If your event requires more than one DSA managed space, contact Hospitality Concordia to help facilitate the request process.
Current Faculty, Staff and all Recognized Student Associations with a valid University ID card, who require access to and use of University space to conduct their University-related activities.
Internal users criteria
The activity is organized by Faculty or Staff for regular University operations of the department
The activity is organized by Recognized Student Associations for activities related to student group mandate.
The activities can encompass a variety of event types, including conferences not considered major events/conferences. See Major Conferences/Events criteria under External Users below.
Alumni and retired University-employees who wish to host activities on campus. Also includes current students (not part of a Recognized Student Association) organizing academic events.
External Users (persons, groups or organizations) who are not members of the University and who wish to use University Space. This includes current Faculty, Staff and students who wish to host non-University related activities on campus (personal events).
Note that for Major Conferences/Events, an Event Coordination Fee (per person) and the External Rate will apply.
Conferences which are hosted and organized by current Faculty, Staff, Recognized Student Associations and/or External Users which meet a combination of the criteria below:
- Annual conference which is International or National in scope
- Undergoes a bid process
- Requires one (1) year or more planning services
- Off-campus activities requiring event coordination
- Registration fees are charged
- Conference is managed (primarily) by an external group in collaboration with Internal User
Note that for Major Conferences / Events, an Event Coordination Fee will apply (per person).
For all users in addition to Rental Rates:
Hospitality Concordia prides itself in providing a value-added, one-stop-shop event planning service to the Concordia community. We handle the details which includes: coordination with various internal and external service providers such as Facilities Management, IITS, and Security, space administrators and handling arrangements for permits, being onsite on event day – all to ensure the success of your event.
The User is responsible for all event-related charges such as, but not limited to:
- Hospitality Event Planning fees
- Hospitality Onsite Support fees
- Facilities Management Cleaning and Setup charges
- IITS charges
- Internal and external supplier costs
- Permit costs
- Equipment rentals
- Cancellation fees
Hospitality Do-It-Yourself events (DIY)
These events refer to internal events without the assistance of a Hospitality Concordia Event Coordinator that are organized by the community directly with the service providers. The Hospitality Event Planning fees and Hospitality Onsite Support fees are not applicable for these events. However, the User is responsible for all other event-related charges outlined above. Click here for more information on DIY events.
Cancellation fees will apply if an event or equipment is cancelled in writing less than ten (10) business days prior to the event date. Not showing up at an event is considered a cancellation.
- Internal: $32/venue/day
- Preferred: $38/venue/day
- Student: $30/venue/day
- External: As per Space Agreement terms & conditions
A User will also be responsible for assuming any event-related charges incurred by the University. Hospitality Event Planning cancellation fees may apply.
|SGW (Downtown)||Engineering, Computer Science & Visual Arts Complex
||EV 1 (Atrium)
|SGW||Engineering, Computer Science & Visual Arts Complex||EV 1.116 (1 table)||$0.00||$105.00
|SGW||Engineering, Computer Science & Visual Arts Complex||EV S2.200 (1 table)
|SGW||Engineering, Computer Science & Visual Arts Complex||EV S2.200 (6 tables)
|SGW||Grey Nuns (May-August)||GN Garden (Outdoor full garden)
|SGW||Grey Nuns (May-August)||GN Garden (Outdoor half garden)||$0.00||$460.00||$660.00|
|SGW||Henry F. Hall Building||H-110 (Ampitheatre)||$0.00||$520.00||$1,050.00|
||LB 1 (Atrium)||$0.00||$340.00||$690.00|
|SGW||John Molson School of Business||MB 1.109 (Upper Atrium)||$0.00||$340.00||$690.00|
||John Molson School of Business||MB 1.245 (Lower Atrium)||$0.00||$340.00||$690.00|
|SGW||John Molson School of Business||MB 1.155 (1 table)||$0.00||$105.00||$180.00|
|SGW||John Molson School of Business||MB 2.130 (Floating Box) (Conf. Room)
|SGW||John Molson School of Business||MB 3.130 (Cloud Deck) (Lounge)||$0.00||$275.00||$585.00|
|SGW||John Molson School of Business||MB 4.101 & MB 4.135 (Lounge)||$0.00||$275.00||$585.00|
|SGW||John Molson School of Business||MB 5.101 (Lounge)||$0.00||$275.00||$585.00|
|SGW||John Molson School of Business||MB 6.101 & MB 6.135 (Lounge)||$0.00||$275.00||$585.00|
|SGW||John Molson School of Business||MB 9 - A (Conf. Room)||$0.00||$360.00
|SGW||John Molson School of Business||MB 9 - B (Conf. Room)||$0.00||$305.00||$430.00|
|SGW||John Molson School of Business||MB 9 - C (Conf. Room)||$0.00||$275.00||$400.00|
|SGW||John Molson School of Business||MB 9 - D (Conf. Room)||$0.00||$375.00||$625.00|
|SGW||John Molson School of Business||MB 9 - EG (Conf. Room)||$0.00||$255.00||$385.00|
|SGW||John Molson School of Business||MB 9 - F (Conf. Room)||$0.00||$360.00||$615.00|
|SGW||John Molson School of Business||MB 9 - ABCD (Conf. Room)||$0.00||$1,315.00||$2,070.00|
|SGW||John Molson School of Business||MB 9 - Entire Centre (Conf. Rooms)||$0.00||$1,930.00||$3,070.00|
|Loyola||Loyola Jesuit Hall & Conference Centre||RF 110 (Conf. Room)||$0.00||$320.00||$550.00|
|Loyola||Loyola Jesuit Hall & Conference Centre||RF 120 (Conf. Room)||$0.00||$320.00||$550.00|
|Loyola||Loyola Jesuit Hall & Conference Centre||RF 130 (Conf. Room)||$0.00||$320.00||$550.00|
|Loyola||Loyola Jesuit Hall & Conference Centre||RF 324 (Conf. Room)||$0.00||$100.00||$150.00|
|Loyola||Loyola Jesuit Hall & Conference Centre||RF 335 (Conf. Room & Foyer)||$0.00||$275.00||$400.00|
||VL Atrium (1 table)||$0.00||$105.00||$180.00|
|AD 429 (Conf. Room)||$0.00||$175.00||$225.00|
|AD 431 (Conf. Room)||$0.00||$175.00||$225.00|
|SGW & Loyola||Classrooms (< 250 capacity)||$0.00||$200.00||$255.00|
|SGW & Loyola||Classrooms (> 250 capacity)||$0.00||$385.00||$510.00|
Once your space has been booked, come back to Event Planning for next steps to organize the details of your event.