Centrally funded computers for staff
- Computers 5 years old or greater are eligible for refresh
- A computer is allocated to a position to assist an employee in the fulfilling the requirements of that position. The computer therefore remains with the position if an employee leaves the position.
- Replaced computers, those 5 years old or greater, return to CDA for redeployment to positions that are ineligible for new centrally funded computers. Priority is given to technicians or professionals, LTAs, part-time faculty offices and student groups in that order.
Eligibility is automatic for full-time administrative, technical (permanent) employees that require a dedicated computer. This includes faculty members in an administrative position working out of the Dean's office, a department Chair or an Associate Dean.
Discretionary eligibility for permanent or contractual part-time positions, working at least 60% of the year, and requiring a dedicated computer.
An incoming Dean, Chair, or Associate Dean can be allocated a new computer if:
- the existing position computer is 3 years old or greater
- or the existing computer does not suit the working profile of the new incumbent (examples - Windows versus Mac computer, portability requirement).
An outgoing Dean, Chair, or Associate Dean may be allowed to take the position computer to another Fine Arts position if the computer is 5 years old or greater.
Full-time faculty are expected to fund their own computers with their research or PDA funds. Part-time employees that do not make up 60% of a full-time position are also not eligible.
Request a computer
If there is a new position or feel that one was overlooked, complete the Computer Request form and contact CDA to let them know.