Audio video suites
The audio video suites are private work spaces open to all Fine Arts students. They can be reserved 24 hrs a day every day of the week through the Patron Portal. You can reserve fifteen minutes in advance.
Please email Phil Hawes, if you have any questions about the access rules or suites.
How to Get Help in the AV Suites
- We can help with hardware and software issues.
- If you are working from Monday to Friday from 9 AM to 5 PM, knock on the door of Phil Hawes or Mark Sherman. See this map of the AV Suite area to find their offices.
- If you are working in the evening, go to the EV Depot counter (Room EV-5.770).
- There is no support on the weekends unfortunately.
- Support may be done remotely for some issues.
CDA AV Suite Usage Rules
- In the AV Suites, user accounts are deleted on Friday mornings at 6 AM. We recommend working from an external hard drive. All suites (except for suite VS02) have access to the Department of Cinema SAN.
- Overnight rendering is available on request. Email Phil Hawes.
- Show up for your reservation on time. Your reservation may be cancelled by CDA staff if you are more than 15 minutes late.
- Cancel or edit your reservation if your plans change.
- Do not unplug or rearrange any equipment in the suite. Ask for help if you have problems.
- Do not eat in the suite. First time offenders will be warned, second time offenders will be barred for the duration of the semester.
- You may bring sealed water bottles into the suite. Place these on the side table not on the desk. No other drinks are allowed.
- The person who has reservered the suite is responsible for the conduct of any guests that they bring into the space. They may have their access to the suites barred if their guests break any Concordia building rules or engage in any anti-social behaviour.
- The video and sound editing suites are to be used for class-related projects using video, sound, graphics and multi-media. You may be asked to leave if you are not working on the installed software.