Adobe Imaging Basics: Photoshop and Illustrator
CEWD 229 - 40 hours
Start date: January 17, 2024
WEBCAD:Web Design & Publishing;DIGIDES:Digital Design & UX UI
Pixel-perfect images. That's what you get when you learn how to use Photoshop and Illustrator, which is exactly what you'll do when you take this course. Before you know it, you'll be creating raster and vector images, managing layers, applying masks, using the various selection tools and optimizing images like a seasoned pro. No matter what type of work you do, these skills are sure to be an asset.
Please note, this course will be suspended as of Fall 2024.
This course is a great way to help you:
• Work with raster and vector images;
• Create interface designs for desktop and mobile platforms;
• Gain greater understanding of graphic design for the web;
• Optimize images for insertion into web pages;
• Use blend modes, masking, layer styles and symbols;
• Understand the use of a grid system for UI design.
In this program, you'll gain real-world skills and best practices from seasoned industry experts. Better still, you'll learn through hands-on projects using the very latest software. No online tutorial even comes close to this type of education.
• Anyone who wants to learn the fundamentals of web page creation.
• Students who want to work in advertising, animation, graphic design, illustration, printmaking, page layout and digital publication.
• Anyone interested in updating their professional portfolio with the latest design trends.
• Students following an academic path in web design.
• Employees in marketing, communications or sales who want to refresh their skills or open new horizons.
• Small business owners or association members who manage their own communications.
• Exhibition designers, fine artists, interior designers, landscape architects, multimedia specialists, photographers and UX designers could also greatly benefit from courses in this program.