Check Upcoming Dates
Course CodeCEDP 300
It's not enough for a website to work. It has to flow properly and look great, too. In this course, you’ll learn basic and advanced concepts of website design and you’ll have plenty of opportunities to use those concepts to create compelling websites of your own. First, you'll learn how to code in HTML, which is awesomely geeky. Then you'll move on to code-editing features and learn how to style your pages using CSS. Finally, you'll learn some more advanced concepts of web-page design, including cascading style sheets, Java script, CSS3, jQuery and layout design for the web. When you successfully complete this course, and we're confident you will, you'll be ready to get out there and wow the web world.
Your takeawaysThis course is a great way to help you:
• Create basic websites
• Learn how to create web pages in HTML, CSS, HTML5 and FTP
• Gain a solid knowledge of code view
• Learn the basics of HTML5, CSS3, and Java script
• Become familiar with animation, web fonts and advanced form elements
• Use media queries to create websites for desktop and mobile platforms
• Become familiar with online portfolio design and structure.
• Manage online files with the FTP protocol.
Our approachIn this course, you will learn directly from industry professionals who will share the latest industry insights and challenge you with real-world problems. More excitingly, you’ll learn through hands-on projects using the very latest software. Did we mention that your projects will be transferred into ready-to-go portfolio pieces? This course is designed for the students to meet regularly during live synchronous learning in an online virtual classroom (Zoom).
Who benefits the most?• Anyone who wants to learn the fundamentals of desktop publishing.
• Students who want to work in advertising, animation, graphic design, illustration, printmaking, page layout and digital publication.
• Anyone interested in updating their professional portfolio with the latest design trends.
• Students looking onward to an academic path in design.
• Employees in marketing, communications or sales who want to refresh their skills or are open new horizons.
• Small business owners or association members who manage their own communications.
• Exhibition designers, fine artists, interior designers, landscape architects, multimedia specialists, photographers and UX designers could also greatly benefit from courses in this program.