INTRO TO BUSINESS
Your take-awayThis course is a great way to help you:
• Explain the various business functions and how they relate to day-to-day activities of the organization
• Apply business concepts in a real-world managerial and/or entrepreneurial context;
• Analyze, plan for, and respond to the uncontrollable environments that impact an organization;
• Recognize and consider the ethical and social implications of decision-making.
Our approachAs in the workplace, teamwork is key here. Sure, there will be engaging assignments and activities, but you'll also form ad-hoc teams to discuss real-world subjects presented by business experts. You'll formulate strategies to solve problems or seize opportunities. Above all, you'll have ample chance to contribute personally to the process. This course is designed with a combination of online live synchronous learning where the instructor and the students meet in a virtual classroom (Zoom) at the same time, and asynchronous work guided by the instructor and completed by students in their own time.
Who benefits the most?• Students who want an introduction to the essentials of business.
• Students who want to pursue a career in any type of business.
• Budding entrepreneurs who want to get off on the right foot.
• Anyone who wants to learn more about organizational structures.
• Foreign business students who want to improve their North American business vocabulary and understanding.
Concordia CCE Loyalty Discount
All students who meet at least one of the following conditions, will receive a 10% discount on their CCE course or workshop tuition fees:
1) Have completed a CCE, Undergraduate or Graduate course at Concordia University in a prior academic term;
2) Have completed a language proficiency test (IELTS) at CCE;
3) Have completed a CCE Professional Development Seminar/Workshop.
This discount is based on the information maintained in the Concordia University student information system.
NOTE: This discount does not apply to a language proficiency test enrollment (IELTS) nor to application fees for admission to a CCE program of study.
© Concordia University