IELTS General Training Test Writing Preparation
CEEN 168 - 30 hours
Start date: February 20, 2024
LANG:Language & Culture;TESTP:Standardized Test Preparation;LANGS:Languages
Thinking about immigrating? Planning on furthering your studies or getting a better job? Whatever the case, chances are you’re reading this because you want to prepare to take or even retake your IELTS General Training test. Good thinking! This course will help put all the odds in your favour. Through simulations, feedback and a whole lot of instruction on good writing practices, grammar and vocabulary, you’ll improve your skills to communicate in a structured, fluid and accurate way, which is just what you’ll need to succeed. You can do this. And now is the time to start!
This course is a great way to help you:
• Write a well-organized letter that uses the appropriate register (tone of voice) and style;
• Write a relevant, well-structured essay that clearly communicates your point of view;
• Sequence information and ideas logically using a range of cohesive devices appropriately;
• Broaden your vocabulary and write more accurately;
• Gain comfort and confidence with your writing and communications skills.
This is a skill-focused exam preparation course that promotes learning at your own pace. Through instruction, plenty of practice and clear feedback, you’ll be able to improve your score on the exam so you can get where you’re going.
• Applicants for immigration to Canada, Australia and New Zealand.
• Applicants for permanent residency to Canada.
• Candidates who want to complete their secondary education, undertake work experience or training programs not at degree level.
• English-language learners who want to track their progress.