- Be registered for all required Year 1 courses by April 2022 (COMM 215 – Business Statistics and COMM 217 – Financial Accounting should preferably be completed by December 2021)
- Expect to graduate no earlier than May 2024 (two-year commitment to the program)
- Have a strong academic record (e.g., minimum CEGEP CRC score of 28.5 and University GPA of 3.5)
- Membership in the John Molson Investment Society and/or the Finance and Investment Student Association is an asset
Once accepted to the program
- KWPMP students are expected to maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5
- Must follow a special training program and take:
- FINA 409 (Applied Investments Part I) in the winter 2022 term
- FINA 455B (Applied Investments Part II) in the fall 2022 term
- FINA 455A in the second year of the program
- FINA 411 (Portfolio Management) within 2 years
- Weekly seminars
- KWPMP students are encouraged to successfully pass the level I CFA examination before graduating
How to apply
The annual recruitment season for new KWPMP students starts in the fall term of each year.
An information session will be held on Tuesday, June 22, 2021 and Tuesday, August 24, 2021. Both sessions will take place via Zoom, starting at 7 p.m.
Applications can be requested by sending an e-mail to the director of the program. The deadline for applications is Friday, October 22, 2021 at 4 p.m. and any documents received past this deadline will not be accepted. All completed applications need to be sent via email to the director of the program with the subject line: KWPMP 2023 Application.
For more information please contact Professor Sukyong Yang at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application forms are reviewed by the selection committee and the carefully chosen applicants are invited for the first interview on either Friday, October 29, 2021 or Saturday, October 30, 2021. Successful candidates from the initial interview will provide a stock pitch on Friday, November 5, 2021. Any applicant should ensure they are available on the above-mentioned dates.
The announcement of the final selection will take place in mid-November. The newly recruited students are invited during the remainder of the fall term to receive training and will begin their official role as Research Associates in January, 2022.