- Be registered for all required Year 1 courses by April 2020 (COMM 215 – Business Statistics and COMM 217 – Financial Accounting should preferably be completed by December 2019)
- Expect to graduate no earlier than May 2022
- Have a strong academic record (e.g. minimum CEGEP CRC score of 28.5 and University GPA of 3.5)
- Membership in the John Molson Investment Society and/or the Finance and Investment Student Association is an asset
Once accepted to the program
- KWPMP students are expected to maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5
- Must follow a special training program and take:
- FINA 409 (Applied Investments) in the winter 2020 term
- FINA 455 (Applied Investments Part B) in the fall 2020 term
- FINA 411 (Portfolio Management) within 2 years
- KWPMP students are encouraged to successfully pass the level I CFA examination before graduating.
How to apply
The annual recruitment season for new KWPMP students starts in early October each year.
An information session will be held on Monday, October 7, 2019 and on Wednesday, October 9, 2019. Both sessions will take place in MB 14.250, starting at 6pm.
Applications will be available on October 7, 2019 at the Receptionist's Desk in the Undergraduate Programs Office (MB 4.204). Completed applications can be dropped off at MB 4.204 by 4 p.m. on Thursday, October 31, 2019.
For more information please contact Professor Sukyong Yang at firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line: KWPMP Application).
A selection committee will decide on the applicants to be invited for interviews in November and December. Final selections are made in December. The newly recruited students begin their role as Research Associates in January.