Students work within dedicated creation and performance spaces on both campuses – and enjoy a full roster of professional equipment and technical support.
Theatre facilities on the downtown (SGW) campus include:
- four acting studios with sprung floors and state-of-the-art projection and integrated sound and light systems
- two design classrooms as well as a Designer's Studio (GM)
- costume shop (GM), costume storage space and a dye lab (Hall Building)
Theatre facilities on the Loyola campus include:
- Set shop
- Properties Shop
- FC Smith Complex (FC Smith Auditorium, Cazalet Studio, studios and classrooms)
- Set and props storage space
The Department of Theatre productions take place at several venues on campus, most notably, the Concordia Theatre (formerly DB Clarke Theatre), a fully equipped 380-seat proscenium theatre, one of Concordia's premier performing spaces.
We also host productions in our small black box studios and in off-campus venues.
Theatre students also benefit from an on-site technical support equipment depot managed by the Centre for Digital Arts (CDA) in the neighboring EV Building.