Yakub Halabi (University of Haifa, Western Galilee College) - 2021 -
As a past visiting researcher at the Azrieli Institute of Israel Studies (2014-15), Dr. Halabi edited a collection of essays on Democratic Peace Across the Middle East: Islam and Political Modernisation, subsequently published by I B Tauris in 2016. His current research interests include minority rights, with emphasis on the rights of the Druze and Yezidi minorities in various Middle Eastern countries. his recent publications include:
- “Reforming the Arab-Islamic world: Economic, political and religious reforms since 1990” Middle East Quarterly, (Forthcoming)
- Tiny Religious Minorities and Minority Group Rights in international politics. Social Identities. 2020: 1-17.
- “Minority Politics and the Creation of Inter-subjective-Based Hierarchy: The Case of the Druze Minority and its Struggle for Survival/Autonomy” Nations and Nationalism. Vol. 24(4) 2018: 977-997.
- “Kant or Can’t: Is the Israeli democracy a hindrance to peace between Israel and the Palestinian Authority?” International Studies, Vol. 53(2) 2017: 136-152.
- “Democracy, Clan Politics and Modernization: The Case of the Arab Citizens in Israel” Israel Studies. 19(1): 2014.