7141 Sherbrooke St. West CJ 1.419
The Learning Centre - CJ 1.419
The Learning Centre has numerous resources available to students, faculty and staff, including:
- a Dubbing Room for the duplication of multiple media formats (audio and video)
- A complete selection of CD sound effects
- 8 OS X Apple computers with internet access
- An extensive video archive - a great source for file stock (ask staff for the complete video tape list)
The Learning Centre is jointly funded and operated by the Department of Communication Studies and the Department of Journalism. Day-to-day operations are overseen by four graduate students in the Communication Studies department.
For more information or to pre-book equipment, phone the Learning Centre at (514) 848-2424 ext. 2544.
- Eating and drinking in the Learning Centre is strictly prohibited.
- Sound effect CDs can only be signed out when you have production time.
- Book Learning Centre facilities (including studio keys) ahead of time to insure a space for you on the equipment.
- If you do not arrive within 15 minutes, you forfeit your booking to anyone waiting. If you take course readings, please ensure that they are handed-in the way you received them (i.e. all pages are in the correct order and stapled back together when you are finished with the course, or supplemental readings).
- For access to the building after-hours, please contact the appropriate Technical Instructor.
- Hand-in all your materials (keys, CDs, readings, etc.) no later than 4:30 p.m. (Monday – Thursday) or 12:30 p.m. (Friday) because Learning Centre staff need at least 10 minutes to close.