Co-op offers employers multilingual, high-achieving, motivated and well-prepared students from over 40 undergraduate and graduate programs. Since 1980, we have worked with a wide range of reputable and diversified employers across Canada and overseas.
Our partnerships range from large multi-national corporations to small and mid-sized companies, as well as entrepreneurial start-ups, non-profit organizations and government agencies.
Facts for employers
Co-op students do full-time, paid ‘work terms’ (internships/contracts):
- Minimum 35 hours per week
- 12 to 17 weeks long
- Extendable up to 8 months
- Start in September, January or May
- Paid (see our salary guidelines)
- Significant tax credits are available for Co-op employers.
- All of our services for employers are free of charge.
- Address short and long term staffing needs
- Evaluate potential future employees prior to making long-term commitments
- Reduce overall salary and recruitment expenses
- Increase productivity by reallocating staff to other key tasks
- Meet peak workloads and do special projects
- Get first-pick at hiring top talents of the future
- Engage in joint research projects with our Faculty
- Promote your organization via Co-op seminars and expert panel discussions
- Enjoy significant tax breaks (if applicable)
At no charge, our bilingual and professional staff will help you:
- Create targeted Co-op job descriptions
- Post your Co-op positions for our students
- Promote your organization to our students
- Organize networking and recruitment events
- Schedule student interviews
- Book interview rooms at our offices, if desired
- Monitor student performance and learning at work (including a personal worksite visit)
How to hire our Co-op students
Simply send us your Co-op job description(s), which we will post internally for our students. You are never obliged to hire a student simply because you post an offer or do interviews.
Here are helpful dates to know when recruiting Co-op students.
Questions? Email us, or call us weekdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Montreal time): 514-848-2424 ext. 3950.