Hire our students
It's simple. Efficient. Flexible.
We facilitate the entire hiring process by promoting your internship opportunities to students and scheduling interviews.
Some employers hire a large number of students per work term, others have fluctuating needs. Whether your organization requires 20 students or just one, we have a large pool of applicants who can assist with special projects, campaigns or as replacements for permanent staff.
7 easy steps to hire a Concordia intern
Consult the Institute's programs and find the skills you are looking for
- Interns are available from all four of Concordia's faculties, including engineering and computer science, business, arts and science, and fine arts.
- You might find students who have the exact skills you need.
Register as an employer on our online system, Compass
- You'll use Compass to post positions, review applications, select candidates, create interview schedules and submit rankings of selected students to send offers.
- You'll also see updates, important reminders, and other useful information.
Plan your timing
- Our internships run parallel to university terms.
- If you post an internship in September, the intern can begin work in January.
- If you post in January, the intern begins in May. If you post in May, the intern begins in September.
- In some cases, internships can be extended to an additional term (4 more months).
Post a job description
- Use a job description template to describe your organization and the role.
- Specify the number of positions offered, along with application deadline and the start date, if these have been established.
- You can pair your posting with an event or information session for potential candidates to learn about you and your team.
Shortlist and interview candidates
- Select candidates and schedule interviews through Compass.
- Please be sure to include contact information. (i.e. telephone number, email address, video conferencing link)
- Interview candidates at your location, by phone or video call.
Rank applicants and make an offer
- After completing all interviews, submit your rankings on Compass.
- Once you've ranked your preferred candidates, we will make the offers to students.
- We will connect you with the student(s) once they have confirmed their acceptance.
Onboard your interns
- Set up your interns for success with an onboarding plan before they arrive.
- Determine the intern’s personal and professional goals.
- Provide support throughout the internship and participate in evaluations sent by the Institute.
- Encourage contributions, active engagement and give recognition.
For any questions contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us weekdays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (EST):
514 848-2424 ext. 3950.