Skip to main content


Send official documents

Your Offer of Admission may be conditional on maintaining a certain average, successfully completing your last term or semester, or sending in official documents. We recognize the challenges that many students faced during the end of the 2020 school year due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

Do not worry about submitting official documents now if you're facing difficulties obtaining them. You can upload unofficial copies via your Student Centre in the interim. You have until December 1, 2020 to submit your official documents.

IB students
We have always had a flexible approach when dealing with final IB results that may have been lower than the initial predicted grades. For the graduating class of 2020, students who have obtained the IB diploma will have options at Concordia (either with the original offer or with alternate pathway options). For those whose final results were not sufficient to earn the diploma, we will continue to work with an alternate credential if it is available. For students who did not meet their academic condition, an admissions officer will be in contact once final IB results are received

If you think you may not be able to meet the conditions, please email the admissions officer indicated in the Offer of Admission.

In order for documents to be considered official, they must be received directly from the issuing institution or organization. Unless specified in the section below about electronic submission, students must arrange for the original documents to be sent to Concordia via mail or courier.

Quebec Cegep students

We should receive your official final transcripts directly from your Cegep. We’ll notify you if you need to arrange the submission of your transcripts yourself.

Cegep students who have been admitted can start their program if they are missing a maximum of one component to complete their DEC. A component can include a course, the language exit exam, or the comprehensive assessment. The requirement to provide proof of DEC is extended by one term. If you know that you are missing one component for your DEC, you must contact your Cegep and obtain confirmation from them that you only have one missing component and that you will indeed be obtaining your DEC by the appropriate deadline.

Ontario secondary school students

  • Fall term: We will receive your official final transcripts electronically from your high school if you included your OUAC number in your application to Concordia. 
  • Winter term: Arrange for your school to send us your official final transcripts, indicating you’ve been awarded your diploma.

All other applicants

Concordia automatically considers transcripts official if they come to us directly from the issuing body, unless otherwise specified in your offer of admission. The issuing body could be your school or another organization, like International Baccalaureate (depending on your situation).

Official transcripts and accompanying documents in a language other than English or French must include a translation by a certified translator. The transcript must detail the subjects taken and grades achieved or be accompanied by a certified statement from an authorized official of the school.

Sealed envelope method

We accept transcripts if the document meets these conditions:

  • The transcript arrives in an envelope with the name and address of your school, and the school’s logo if one exists, plus a notice on the envelope stating it contains official transcripts.
  • The envelope is sealed with a signature, signature stamp or label across the seal.



We accept official transcripts officially via Parchment, National Student Clearinghouse or Scoir. Please note that you and your school need to be signed up with these service providers to make use of this option for submitting transcripts

Back to top Back to top

© Concordia University