Skip to main content

Official Documents

What you need to know

What makes a document “official”?

An official document is one that comes directly to us from an educational institution, exam board or test provider. Depending on the curriculum, an official document can be electronic or on paper. Documents that come to us from students are considered unofficial unless they meet the criteria of the sealed envelope method for submitting official documents.

What is a final transcript?

A final transcript includes your complete record of grades from high school, college or university before joining Concordia. It may also indicate your completion of your diploma or degree. The transcript must detail the subjects taken and grades achieved. Consult the conditions in your offer of admission for the type of documents we require.

When do I need to send official documents?

Official documents are not needed at the time of application. Students can apply with unofficial documents uploaded to the application portal, emailed or mailed to Concordia. Students with offers of admission will need to send official documents once they complete their schooling and before starting classes at Concordia.

Why do I need to send official documents?

Official final transcripts are used to confirm and finalize your offer of admission which may be conditional on maintaining a certain average and successfully completing your credential or last term of study. Official final transcripts may also be used to award transfer credits and course exemptions.

Submitting final documents

Follow the instructions below for your school's curriculum.

Electronic submission

We accept official transcripts officially via:

  • Credential Solutions
  • Digitary
  • eScript-safe
  • MyCreds
  • MyeQuals
  • National Student Clearinghouse
  • Parchment
  • Scoir

Please note that your school needs to be signed up with the service provider to use this option. Ask your guidance counsellor if this is an option. If your school uses a different service provider for electronic submission, contact to see if we accept submissions from this service.

If it is not possible for documents to be sent via a service provider, we will accept final official transcripts and proof of graduation sent directly from the issuing institution to

Sealed envelope

We accept transcripts if the document meets ALL of these conditions:

  • The documents come in a school stationery envelope (has the name and address of your school on it).
  • The envelope states it contains official transcripts.
  • The envelope is sealed with a signature of a school representative, signature stamp or label across the seal.

Mailing address

Official documents can be sent by schools, colleges and universities to one of the addresses below.

By mail:

Concordia University - Undergraduate Admissions Application Centre
P.O. Box 2900
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
H3G 2S2    

By courier:

Undergraduate Admissions (FB-900)
1455 De Maisonneuve Blvd West
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
H3G 1M8

Contact phone number for courier: 1-514-848-2424

Deliveries can be received Monday to Friday: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. EST

Concordia University is located on unceded Indigenous lands. The Kanien’kehá:ka Nation is recognized as the custodians of Tiohtiá:ke/Montreal.

© Concordia University