Inquiry Strategies for the Information Society of the Twenty-First Century (IS-21) is a web-based environment designed to develop middle school students' information literacy skills as they complete steps within the inquiry process.
IS-21 is a powerful tool that:
- Develops foundational information literacy skills including identifying, searching for, and appropriately using information.
- Teaches students strategies for effectively using Internet search tools, evaluating sources, synthesizing information and designing creative final products.
- Provides an array of resources on the inquiry process (plan, search, use) for students, teachers, and parents.
- Links to the CSLP-LEARN electronic portfolio, ePEARL, which supports students’ self-regulated learning.
- LTK support & requirements