Skip to main content

Academic visitor access

Are you a newly arrived, non-salaried or externally-funded academic visitor to Concordia? Then here's what you should know.

Requesting an employee ID and netname

All non-salaried or externally-funded academic visitors are to request a Concordia University Employee ID and Netname by following the instructions below.

Visitors receiving a salary from the University’s payroll must contact Human Resources at

Affected positions

  • Affiliate professors
  • Exchange program students
  • Research interns and pdfs
  • Visiting researchers and scholars


Additional information

  • The assigned role account will be deleted 30 days following the appointment’s end date
  • Requests for end date extensions require an official revised appointment/invitation letter requested by the sponsor/supervisor through the appropriate office and forwarded to
  • Academic visitors cannot be assigned a student ID unless officially registered in an academic program

Remember that is a resource ONLY for non-salaried academic visitors’
access-related issues.

Back to top

© Concordia University