Academic visitor access
Are you a newly arrived, non-salaried or externally-funded academic visitor to Concordia? Then here's what you should know.
Requesting an employee ID and netname
All non-salaried or externally-funded academic visitors are to request a Concordia University Employee ID and Netname by following the instructions below.
Visitors receiving a salary from the University’s payroll must contact Human Resources at
- Affiliate professors
- Exchange program students
- Research interns and pdfs
- Visiting researchers and scholars
Visitors appointed or invited to one of the affected positions, who are not subject to the University’s payroll, must send a request for access to email@example.com. Remember that the letter of appointment/invitation must be attached to the request.
The request, normally processed within 1 to 3 business days, will generate a role account with the following credentials:
- An Employee ID number
- A CU Account Netname
- A Concordia Email Account
Access will automatically be given to Wi-Fi, Moodle, and the online Library, as required. Instructions for these and other available services (e.g., in-person library access, shuttle bus service and access cards) will also be provided to the visitor*.
*Because physical ID cards cannot be issued at this time; visitors should have their appointment/invitation letter and access credentials on hand to show affiliation with the University.
- The assigned role account will be deleted 30 days following the appointment’s end date
- Requests for end date extensions require an official revised appointment/invitation letter requested by the sponsor/supervisor through the appropriate office and forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Academic visitors cannot be assigned a student ID unless officially registered in an academic program
Remember that email@example.com is a resource ONLY for non-salaried academic visitors’