Computer Engineering (BEng)
Without computer hardware and software, there would be no smart phones, DVD players, digital recorders and critical systems in airplane cockpits, modern cars, or computerized medical devices. As a computer engineer, your knowledge of computer architecture, digital electronics, circuits and digital communication will lead to innovations or bring about another information revolution.
Our state-of-the-art labs designed for programming in assembly language, digital systems and high-performance computing will give you experience with the tools you will use in the field. Through labs, lectures and projects, you’ll also:
- Learn programming methodology to design data structures and algorithms
- Learn to resolve issues of system interfaces and integration
- Integrate engineering solutions into biomedical and biological systems
- Design Internet of Things (IoT)/cyber-physical systems to solve real world problems
- Design embedded computing and communication systems for high-performance applications, such as a small, unmanned aircraft
All of our Engineering programs are accredited by the Canadian Engineering Accreditation Board and you’ll graduate eligible to become a registered professional engineer.