514-848-2424 ext. 7946
- Body moulds using: plaster bandages, alginate and plaster bandages, skin sage silicone and plaster bandages
- Moulds of objects or clay pieces using plaster, silicone and urethane
- Casting in body moulds or object moulds using plaster, silicone, urethane rubber or resins
- Casting in Forton and creating fake marble and bronze finishes using metal powders and pigments
- Expanding or reducing objects with materials such as Expandit or Reducit
- Table saw
- Chop saw
- Thickness planer
- Band saws
- A wide assortment of power and hand tools
- Tool lending service available with presentation of a Concordia student card
- Appointments recommended, walk in’s accepted depending on volume of students using the shop.
- Though we are labeled as a wood shop the technician has a respectable knowledge of other materials and methods.
- All projects must be course related.
- Lost wax casting in bronze and aluminum
- MIG welding in steel, stainless steel and bronze
- TIG welding in steel, aluminum and bronze
- Plasma cutting
- Brazing, cutting and heating with oxyacetylene
Shop equipment also includes:
- Manual floor model sheer
- Manual floor model bending brake
- Drill press
- Various small power tools and hand tools.