Centre for Digital Arts
The primary purpose of the CDA is to provide curriculum support to the Faculty of Fine Arts students and faculty in the use of digital technology. We offer equipment lending services and audiovisual (AV) classroom support to everyone in Concordia Fine Arts. In addition we welcome students and faculty to become CDA members and access our computer labs, and video & sound rooms including sound recording and mixing rooms.
CDA facilities for all Fine Arts students and faculty
- 3 equipment depots:
- EV 5.770
- MB 8.325
- VA 021-1
- 50 AV equipped classrooms (in the EV, VA, GM, MB, FB buildings)
Equipment bookings can only be made in person or by phone at the EV (ext. 3438) and MB (4719) depots.
CDA facilities for CDA members and faculty
- Media labs and classrooms:
- 4 computer labs
- 1 open access lab for individual work
- 1 smart room for multi-purpose use
- 11 video and sound rooms
- 1 sound recording and 1 sound mixing room
Membership for students (no fee for faculty) is $45 per semester and goes directly to keeping CDA hardware and software up to date. Thus the CDA is able to maintain some of the best digital facilities for Fine Arts students in Canada.
- 5GB of combined storage / web hosting space on our servers
- Computer labs with Mac computers and scanners
- Video and sound, sound recording and mixing rooms with advanced technology and for individual use
- Video and sound workshops
- CDA technical support
- Presentation testing and delivery in any of our computer labs and class rooms (availability permitting) including our multichannel audio equipped classroom room EV 5.615