Thanksgiving Monday: what’s open and what’s closed at Concordia
No Concordia classes or other instructional activities will occur on Thanksgiving, which takes place this year on Monday, October 14.
Only staff, faculty and students with appropriate university-issued identification will have access to Concordia facilities.
The following services will be closed:
- Concordia Retail Stores
- Health Services
- Campus Wellness and Support Services
- Access Centre for Students with Disabilities
- Counselling and Psychological Services
- Birks Student Services Centre
- Welcome Centre
- Enrolment Services
- Office of the Registrar
- Examinations Office
In addition, shuttle buses will not be running on Monday, October 14.
Other relevant information
- The PERFORM Centre Gym (Loyola Campus), the Ed Meagher Arena (Loyola Campus) and Le Gym (Sir George Williams Campus) will be closed.
- The R. Howard Webster and Georges P. Vanier library locations, as well as the Grey Nuns Reading Room, will be open for study only.
- The Grey Nuns Reading Room and study rooms will close at 9 p.m.
Food and beverage services
- The Grey Nuns Dining Hall and the Buzz Dining Hall will remain open during their regular business hours.
- All other food service locations will be closed.
- Parking in the J.W. McConnell Building will be closed on Sunday. On Friday, Saturday and Monday there will be no attendant on site but help will be available through the intercom system.
- Loyola Campus parking will be open as per regular hours.
- Faubourg Building parking will be open as per regular hours.
- Tunnels on the Sir George Williams Campus will be closed from 11 p.m. on Sunday, October 13 until 7 a.m. on Tuesday, October 15.
Going away for the long weekend? Visit Concordia’s travel safety web page.