Job Search: Associate Director, Deindustrialization & The Politics of Our Time SSHRC Partnership Project
Job Description: Associate Director, Deindustrialization & The Politics of Our Time SSHRC Partnership Project
Posting period: June 20, 2022 – July 4, 2022
Application Deadline: July 4, 2022
The project’s Associate Director, working from Concordia’s Centre for Oral History and Digital Storytelling, will be the chief administrator of the Deindustrialization & the Politics of Our Time SSHRC Partnership project. The Associate Director’s responsibilities include day-to-day coordination, management, and administration of the project, staff supervision, planning and reporting, management of the project’s financial records (payrolls, purchasing orders, etc), bilingual communications, and meeting organization. The Associate Director reports to the Principal Investigator, Dr. Steven High, and ultimately to the project’s Coordinating Committee.
· Coordinate DePOT’s bilingual internal communications to project co-investigators, partners, and affiliates
· Schedule meetings for the Coordinating Committee, take notes at Coordinating Committee meetings
· Maintain all internal DePOT documents on the DePOT project management Sharepoint site and Basecamp
· Oversee the work of the Post-Production and Communications Coordinators
· Ensure DePOT meets reporting requirements for SSHRC
· Manage and coordinate DePOT’s finances, maintaining ongoing communication with Concordia’s Research Grants office and Financial Services
· Undertake other tasks as required or assigned by the Principal Investigator
· Functional knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (Word & Excel required, Sharepoint and other applications an asset)
· Excellent interpersonal skills, self-motivated and able to work autonomously
· Attention to detail
· Fluency in French and English (both written and spoken), knowledge of German or Italian an asset
· Some experience in project management or financial management an asset
Salary & term:
This position is unionized with the Concordia Association of Research Employees (CARE-PSAC – Classification: Research Support – Professional). The Associate Director will begin part-time (20 hours/week) on a six-week contract from mid-July through August 2022, and a full-time (35 hours/week) year-long contract will start September 1st. Two months before the end of the 1 year contract, the Principal Investigator and Coordinating Committee will consider contract renewal. Subsequent raises, based on seniority, will be in the form of a shortened work week.
The hourly rate for both the part-time and full-time contracts is 22.99$/hour (this rate is subject to change pending negotiation of the new CARE collective agreement). With a one-year CARE contract, the university provides some significant benefits, including paid vacation time (10 paid vacation days in the first year of the contract, and 22 paid vacation days in the second and subsequent years), health and dental benefits, as well as pension benefits. See the CARE collective agreement for further details.
Concordia University is strongly committed to employment equity within its community, and to recruiting a diverse faculty and staff. The University encourages applications from all qualified candidates, including women, members of visible minorities, Indigenous persons, members of sexual minorities, persons with disabilities, and others who may contribute to diversification; candidates are invited to self-identify in their applications.