Fostering Well-Being in the Workplace (Online)
Course Code: CEPS 1140EOCreating greater well-being in the workplace takes a lot more than just flex hours, an espresso machine and a pool table. It takes a deep understanding of what employees truly want and need to feel alive and fulfilled. And that’s exactly what you’ll get in this workshop with industry psychologist Julie Hanck. Based on the Science of Happiness course offered by Dr. Laurie Santos at Yale University, this invaluable session is rooted in science-based techniques that can help you create and experience a greater sense of well-being at work. And that’s something we can all feel good about.
Your take-awayThis workshop will empower you to:
• Gain experience using your personal strengths in specific work scenarios;
• Discover and use the tools to be more present in the moment through savouring and gratitude;
• Discover how gestures of kindness can improve your physical and mental well-being in the long term;
• Determine which types of physical activity are best suited for your well-being;
• Discover how to implement these tools in your real world.
Our approachThroughout the day, relevant activities, group discussions and surveys will be incorporated to keep you active and engaged. To help maximize learning, we highly recommended you keep your camera on throughout the workshop.
Who benefits the most?• Business owners, team leaders, managers, HR professionals and others who want to help create greater well-being in the workplace.
• Employees seeking greater workplace well-being and a renewed sense of passion in their work.
We're flexible. That means workshops can be customized for corporate groups and
offered on the date of your choosing, remotely or in your office.
Important details1) Registration fee includes electronic course materials.
2) In the event we don’t have enough participants, the workshop will be cancelled and you will, of course, be reimbursed in full.
3) This workshop meets the requirements for the 1% Conformity Law (in accordance with the Workforce Skills Development and Recognition Act).
4) If you wish to pay for this workshop via invoice, please write directly to email@example.com and our service staff will assist you.
Concordia CCE Loyalty Discount
All students who meet at least one of the following conditions, will receive a 10% discount on their CCE course or workshop tuition fees:
1) Have completed a CCE, Undergraduate or Graduate course at Concordia University in a prior academic term;
2) Have completed a language proficiency test (IELTS) at CCE;
3) Have completed a CCE Professional Development Seminar/Workshop.
This discount is based on the information maintained in the Concordia University student information system.
NOTE: This discount does not apply to a language proficiency test enrollment (IELTS) nor to application fees for admission to a CCE program of study.
Your trainerJulie Hanck, PhD, Neurological Science, McGill University
Julie began teaching at John Abbott College to share her passion for the brain and help overcome the pervasive mental health challenges in our society. Today, through her post-graduate studies in Positive Psychology she’s gained unique insight into the interventions and principles that can help improve subjective well-being. She regularly gives lectures and workshops showcasing the exciting progress that’s being made in this field and is eager to share that knowledge with you in this fascinating and highly practical workshop.
© Concordia University