Understanding and Preventing Workplace Burnout (Online)
Course Code: CEPS 1139EOBurnout. It’s not just a buzzword. In fact, for 35% of all Canadian workers, it’s a painful reality. One that’s only been exacerbated by the pandemic. Thankfully, there are steps that can be taken to foster a healthier work environment and prevent burnout before it occurs. And this workshop with neuro-psychologist Julie Hanck can help you learn how to do both. From identifying the causes of burnout to implementing healthier workplace practices, you’ll deepen your understanding of this devastating modern phenomenon to help make a positive difference in your organization.
Your take-awayThis workshop will empower you to:
• Understand burnout and identify it in your employees’/team members’ behaviours;
• Learn how to prevent burnout in your workplace;
• Build a sense of community to help reinforce resilience and engagement within your team;
• Communicate more effectively with individuals who are experiencing high levels of stress and anxiety;
• Familiarize yourself with available resources and become comfortable normalizing their use.
Our approachThroughout the day, relevant activities, group discussions and surveys will be incorporated to keep you active and engaged. To help maximize learning, we highly recommended you keep your camera on throughout the workshop.
Who benefits the most?• Business owners, team leaders, managers, HR professionals and others who want to better understand burnout so they can help prevent it in their workplace.
• Employees and anyone else who want a greater understanding of what causes burnout and how to prevent it.
We're flexible. That means workshops can be customized for corporate groups and
offered on the date of your choosing, remotely or in your office.
Important details1) Registration fee includes electronic course materials.
2) In the event we don’t have enough participants, the workshop will be cancelled and you will, of course, be reimbursed in full.
3) This workshop meets the requirements for the 1% Conformity Law (in accordance with the Workforce Skills Development and Recognition Act).
4) If you wish to pay for this workshop via invoice, please write directly to firstname.lastname@example.org and our service staff will assist you.
Concordia CCE Loyalty Discount
All students who meet at least one of the following conditions, will receive a 10% discount on their CCE course or workshop tuition fees:
1) Have completed a CCE, Undergraduate or Graduate course at Concordia University in a prior academic term;
2) Have completed a language proficiency test (IELTS) at CCE;
3) Have completed a CCE Professional Development Seminar/Workshop.
This discount is based on the information maintained in the Concordia University student information system.
NOTE: This discount does not apply to a language proficiency test enrollment (IELTS) nor to application fees for admission to a CCE program of study.
Your trainerJulie Hanck, PhD, Neurological Science, McGill University
Julie began teaching at John Abbott College to share her passion for the brain and help overcome the pervasive mental health challenges in our society. Today, through her post-graduate studies in Positive Psychology she’s gained unique insight into the interventions and principles that can help improve subjective well-being. She regularly gives lectures and workshops showcasing the exciting progress that’s being made in this field and is eager to share that knowledge with you in this fascinating and highly practical workshop.
© Concordia University