Introduction to SEM 2023 (Online)
SEO is all about organic search. SEM, on the other hand, stands for search engine marketing, which includes SEO but goes a lot deeper into marketing strategies and campaigns. And what better person to learn about it from than Tarek Riman. A renowned industry author and marketing professor, Tarek will guide you through Google AdWords, Google Ads Support and Bing Ads Support. He’ll teach you the basics of SEM and landing pages and show you how to conceive and implement effective SEM-based marketing campaigns to get your website and business the kind of exposure they deserve. Bottom line: you won’t get this kind of learning on a YouTube tutorial. Tarek is the real deal.
Your take-awayThis training will enable you to:
• Understand how paid search works as part of the marketing mix;
• Grasp the structure of PPC & display campaigns;
• Research keywords and write effective ad and landing-page copy;
• Implement an ad campaign and digital marketing strategies to increase
web traffic and brand awareness;
• Measure and assess the performance of an SEM campaign;
• Optimize an SEM campaign based on data and analytics.
Our approachThis online workshop is based on an optimized practical approach. It mixes pedagogical strategies such as active learning, case studies, experiential learning and real-life exercises. In short, you’ll learn by doing.
In order to maximize engagement and knowledge transfer during our online workshops, it is highly recommended that participants keep their cameras on.
Who benefits the most?• Anyone working in a start-up that wants to take its place in the web world.
• Entrepreneurs and self-employed workers who want their websites to make it to the top of searches quickly.
• Marketers, marketing managers, media professionals, advertising executives, content writers and web pros who want to promote websites more efficiently and/or broaden their knowledge of search engine marketing.
• Anyone who wants to learn how to use SEM to build stronger organizations.
All workshops can be customized for corporate groups. They can be offered on the date of your choosing, in your office or remotely.
Important details1) Registration fee includes electronic course materials.
2) In the event we don’t have enough participants, the workshop will be cancelled and you will, of course, be reimbursed in full
3) This workshop meets the requirements for the 1% Conformity Law (in accordance with the Workforce Skills Development and Recognition Act).
4) If you wish to pay for this workshop via invoice, please write directly to email@example.com and our service staff will assist you.
Concordia CCE Loyalty Discount
All students who meet at least one of the following conditions, will receive a 10% discount on their CCE course or workshop tuition fees:
1) Have completed a CCE, Undergraduate or Graduate course at Concordia University in a prior academic term;
2) Have completed a language proficiency test (IELTS) at CCE;
3) Have completed a CCE Professional Development Seminar/Workshop.
This discount is based on the information maintained in the Concordia University student information system.
NOTE: This discount does not apply to a language proficiency test enrollment (IELTS) nor to application fees for admission to a CCE program of study.
Your trainerTarek Riman, BBA, MA, MMIE
Founder | Best-Selling Author | University Instructor | Marketing Technology & Analytics Expert
Tarek is a digital marketing expert who has worked with 350+ agencies, SMBs and Fortune 500s. He is certified in all the major digital platforms including AdWords, Analytics, Bing, HubSpot, Woorank, OMCP, Facebook and Hootsuite.
A graduate of Concordia University, Queen's University, Berkeley University and Harvard, Tarek teaches at Concordia as well as several other Canadian and international universities. As a speaker, workshop leader and instructor, Tarek gives talks on Digital Analytics, Social Media, SEO/SEM, Digital Marketing, WordPress and Content Marketing with the goal of giving clients, companies, businesses and students the tools they need to use digital marketing effectively.
Tarek is the founder of a lifestyle blog called Montrealtips.com. He donates all proceeds generated from this blog to the Breakfast Club of Canada, UN Refugee Agency and the Montreal Children's Hospital. He is also involved with NGOs and charities in Canada and worldwide. He is the author of four best-selling books: "The Camino Within," "The Secret to Capitalizing on Analytics," "The SEO Way,” and "Paid Search Marketing."
Whether the goal is to drive traffic on websites, build effective SEM-based campaigns, understand key social media platforms or utilize Google Analytics to drive performance, Tarek thrives on supporting entrepreneurs, marketers and businesses to reach their full potential.
© Concordia University