Transitioning from Team Member to Team Leader (Online)
Course Code: CEPS 1073EOIf it were easy to be an effective manager or supervisor, bookstores would have an awful lot of empty shelves. The truth is, it's an acquired skill, something you learn from the experiences of seasoned professionals like Sophie Lemieux and Benoit Lamontagne. In their two-day workshop, you'll learn the conceptual and personal abilities you need to influence and lead individual employees and teams. You'll improve your self-awareness, active listening, communication and assertiveness—four vital keys to success. Most of all, you'll leave the workshop with greater enthusiasm and the confidence you need to improve your performance as a supervisor. Ready for the challenge?
Your take-awayThis workshop will empower you to:
• Develop your managerial skills;
• Learn concrete methodology to boost performance and motivation in your teams;
• Acquire the skill set and plans of action you need to become a better supervisor;
• Practice self-awareness and active listening.
Our approachThis online workshop is based on co-active coaching, conscious leadership, team performance coaching and case studies. In short, you’ll grow professionally by mastering your ability to learn, work and be productive remotely.
In order to maximize engagement and knowledge transfer during our online workshops, it is highly recommended that participants keep their cameras on.
Who benefits the most?• Employees who want to further their careers.
• Entrepreneurs who want to better manage employees.
• Managers who want to improve their skills.
• Employers who want to give their employees a great learning opportunity that will contribute to the success of their organization.
We're flexible. That means workshops can be customized for corporate groups and offered on the date of your choosing, remotely or in your office.
Important details1) Registration fee includes electronic course materials.
2) In the event we don’t have enough participants, the workshop will be cancelled and you will, of course, be reimbursed in full.
3) This workshop meets the requirements for the 1% Conformity Law (in accordance with the Workforce Skills Development and Recognition Act).
4) If you wish to pay for this workshop via invoice, please write directly to email@example.com and our service staff will assist you.
Concordia CCE Loyalty Discount
All students who meet at least one of the following conditions, will receive a 10% discount on their CCE course or workshop tuition fees:
1) Have completed a CCE, Undergraduate or Graduate course at Concordia University in a prior academic term;
2) Have completed a language proficiency test (IELTS) at CCE;
3) Have completed a CCE Professional Development Seminar/Workshop.
This discount is based on the information maintained in the Concordia University student information system.
NOTE: This discount does not apply to a language proficiency test enrollment (IELTS) nor to application fees for admission to a CCE program of study.
Your trainerSophie Lemieux, MBA | C.Adm | C.M.C.
Management Consultant and President of Solem Management, Sophie is a member of the Chartered Administrators of Quebec. She holds an MBA, as well as C.M.C. (Certified Management Consultant) and an RCCTM (Registered Corporate CoachTM ) titles. She has more than 20 years of experience in management (coaching, management of multidisciplinary teams, project management, training and business development). Her leadership style is focused on positivism, dynamism, active listening, healthy stress management and adaptability. Sophie is perfectly bilingual, extremely well organized, focusing on value-added processes and she loves new challenges.
Your trainerBenoit Lamontagne, Eng., C.Adm., MBA
Benoit is an electrical engineer by training and a member of both the Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec (OIQ) and the Chartered Administrators of Québec (C.Adm.). He has worked in the aerospace industry in the field of avionics product development for more than 13 years. Over the years, he has developed a strong expertise in project management and management of organizational transformations. As a management consultant, Benoît uses his expertise to help his clients achieve their professional and organizational goals. He stands out by his professionalism, leadership, authenticity and high ethical values.
© Concordia University