INTRO TO PROGRAMMING WITH JAVA 2
Course Code: CEJV 416BThis course is the continuation of Intro to Programming with Java 1. So, you’re well on your way. But here, you’ll get into some deeper tech, like object-oriented programming skills, inheritance, abstraction, and polymorphism. Once you’ve nailed those topics, you can move on to databases and MySQL integration within Java. You’ll also have the chance to complete a project implementing all the skills you’ve learned within a dynamic, user-friendly application using Java and MySQL. Once you’ve finished the course, you’ll be skilled enough to design, code, and test object-oriented, n-tier applications using GUI interfaces and persisted data within a remote database. Sounds complex, but you can do it!
|CEJV 416A||INTRO TO PROGRAMMING WITH JAVA 1|
Your take-awayThis course is a great way to help you:
• Create interactive console programs using Java;
• Use the command-line to package and run Java classes;
• Use the Intelli-J IDE to develop and run your code.
• Use the debugging facility to help develop software;
• Create embedded documentation within your Java code;
• Implement basic algorithms and data structures.
Our approachThis course features lectures and hands-on programming practice led by a seasoned industry professional who’ll guide you every step of the way as you learn industry standards and best practices. Please note that you’ll be required to do 5-10 hours of work per week outside of class time. Those with little to no prior knowledge will require more time to gain familiarity with the concepts.
Who benefits the most?• Students working to complete their Diploma program in Java development.
• Anyone who wants to take the first step towards a career as a Java developer.
• Anyone who wants to develop or broaden their programming skills.
• Business owners and managers in technical domains who want to better understand and evaluate Java programming code.
• Programmers who want to learn a new language to open new career horizons.
Concordia CCE Loyalty Discount
All students who meet at least one of the following conditions, will receive a 10% discount on their CCE course or workshop tuition fees:
1) Have completed a CCE, Undergraduate or Graduate course at Concordia University in a prior academic term;
2) Have completed a language proficiency test (IELTS) at CCE;
3) Have completed a CCE Professional Development Seminar/Workshop.
This discount is based on the information maintained in the Concordia University student information system.
NOTE: This discount does not apply to a language proficiency test enrollment (IELTS) nor to application fees for admission to a CCE program of study.
© Concordia University