INTRO TO PROGRAMMING WITH JAVA 1
Course Code: CEJV 416AGreat, you’ve had your intro to development and programming. Now it’s time to focus on something really exciting, like Java. Here you’ll be introduced to the fundamentals of procedural programming, with a short introduction to object-oriented coding. You’ll learn some key programming structures like data types, operators, branching and looping structures, user-defined methods, and basic data structures. You also have a chance to design and develop classes that use OOP features like encapsulation while gaining skills in GUI programming using the JavaFX platform. Once you’ve completed this course, you’ll be able to design, code, and test procedural and object-oriented programs. You’ll also be ready for the next step in your Java journey.
|CEWP 210||DEVELOPMENT AND PROGRAMMING BASICS|
Your take-awayThis course is a great way to help you:
• Create interactive console programs using Java;
• Use the command-line to package and run Java classes;
• Use the Intelli-J IDE to develop and run your code;
• Use the debugging facility to help develop software;
• Create embedded documentation within your Java code;
• Implement basic algorithms and data structures.
Our approachThis course features lectures and hands-on programming practice led by seasoned industry professionals who’ll guide you every step of the way as you learn industry standards and best practices. To succeed, you will be required to do 5-10 hours of work per week outside of class time. If you have little or no prior knowledge, you’ll need more time to gain familiarity with the concepts. Note that this is an online, synchronous course.
Who benefits the most?• Students working to complete their diploma program in Java development.
• Anyone who wants to take the first step towards a career as a Java developer.
• Anyone who wants to develop or broaden their programming skills.
• Business owners and managers in technical domains who want to better understand and evaluate Java programming code.
• Programmers who want to learn a new language to open new career horizons.
Concordia CCE Loyalty Discount
All students who meet at least one of the following conditions, will receive a 10% discount on their CCE course or workshop tuition fees:
1) Have completed a CCE, Undergraduate or Graduate course at Concordia University in a prior academic term;
2) Have completed a language proficiency test (IELTS) at CCE;
3) Have completed a CCE Professional Development Seminar/Workshop.
This discount is based on the information maintained in the Concordia University student information system.
NOTE: This discount does not apply to a language proficiency test enrollment (IELTS) nor to application fees for admission to a CCE program of study.
© Concordia University