Your take-awayThis course is a great way to help you:
• Research a potential travel story with a specific angle;
• Gain understanding of how to work with travel/media professionals;
• Market yourself successfully as a travel writer;
• Pitch your idea to an editor and complete the assignment.
Our approachThis is a writing class, so you'll be doing a lot of it. You'll also learn through interactive workshops, exercises, group discussions, and assignments. Enthusiastic participation and effort are the keys to enjoyment and success in this course. This course is designed for the students to meet regularly during live synchronous learning in an online virtual classroom (Zoom).
Who benefits the most?• Anyone who wants to improve their writing skills.
• Anyone considering a career as a writer.
• Anyone considering a career in journalism.
• Fiction writers who want to learn how to write in a new format.
• Travelers who want to learn how to tell the stories of their journeys.
• Advertising copywriters who want to branch out into other forms of writing.
• Foreign students who want to improve their written English.
• Retirees or busy executives who want to try something new to balance out their lives.
Concordia CCE Loyalty Discount
All students who meet at least one of the following conditions, will receive a 10% discount on their CCE course or workshop tuition fees:
1) Have completed a CCE, Undergraduate or Graduate course at Concordia University in a prior academic term;
2) Have completed a language proficiency test (IELTS) at CCE;
3) Have completed a CCE Professional Development Seminar/Workshop.
This discount is based on the information maintained in the Concordia University student information system.
NOTE: This discount does not apply to a language proficiency test enrollment (IELTS) nor to application fees for admission to a CCE program of study.
© Concordia University