DATA: THE KEY TO TRULY STRATEGIC COMMUNICATIONS
Course Code: CECM 200This course is essential for understanding the difference between tactical campaign plans and strategic communication plans, and how to apply data insights to each stage of the communication planning process. As a manager or advisor in communications, PR or marketing, these concepts are essential to the success of your organization and your career. Led by a seasoned industry professional, you’ll apply standards-based methods to develop an organization-level or department-level communication strategy aligned to measurable business outcomes that demonstrate the impact of effective communication on business performance.
Your take-awayThis course is a great way to help you:
• Develop a strategic communication plan aligned to business outcomes that demonstrates measurable impact;
• Apply ethical considerations to all aspects of the communications planning process;
• Create a key messaging architecture aligned to target audiences;
• Formulate an implementation plan to deliver on strategic communication objectives;
• Design a measurement framework to demonstrate the potential impact of the plan on business results;
• Write an evidence-based pitch to justify the budget and resources needed for the plan and pitch it for management buy-in using facts and figures in appropriate business language.
Our approachThis course is project-based, meaning you’ll practice hands-on strategic thinking and planning skills using your own business cases. You’ll also engage in practical and critical thinking to reflect and project yourself into your current or future work environment. Your teacher will use case studies, group discussions, team presentations and introspection questionnaires to apply your learning to real-world experiences. Most importantly, you’ll be challenged to apply data insights to all aspects of your work. This course is designed for the students to meet regularly during live synchronous learning in an online virtual classroom (Zoom).
Who benefits the most?• Early-career public relations or communication specialists who want to step up to a strategic role as managers or advisers.
• Individuals at any level in the profession looking to refresh or upgrade their skills in applying data literacy to strategic communication planning.
• Individuals in marketing, advocacy or public affairs who want to apply professional communication best practices to improve the effectiveness of their work.
Concordia CCE Loyalty Discount
All students who meet at least one of the following conditions, will receive a 10% discount on their CCE course or workshop tuition fees:
1) Have completed a CCE, Undergraduate or Graduate course at Concordia University in a prior academic term;
2) Have completed a language proficiency test (IELTS) at CCE;
3) Have completed a CCE Professional Development Seminar/Workshop.
This discount is based on the information maintained in the Concordia University student information system.
NOTE: This discount does not apply to a language proficiency test enrollment (IELTS) nor to application fees for admission to a CCE program of study.
© Concordia University