This course will teach you how to identify ethical issues in AI systems, create and execute roadmaps, and engage with relevant multidisciplinary stakeholders to address those issues. Our action-oriented approach is designed to offer you practical advice and the confidence to implement ethical and responsible changes to your AI systems.
To help develop your skills in responsible AI, this course references publicly discussed cases involving unethical behaviour. It also touches on AI systems you likely interact with every day where ethical issues exist. In addition to learning the basics of responsible AI, this course will help you become a more informed citizen in an AI-driven world by working on real deliverables.
This is an online, synchronous course.
Your take-awayThis course is a great way to help you:
• Identify potential ethical issues that might arise in the design, development, and deployment of AI systems
• Create roadmaps to minimize negative societal impacts and maximize humane outcomes from AI systems
• Assemble the most relevant internal and external stakeholders to address potential ethical issues
• Engage a team of multidisciplinary domain experts to gather feedback on ethical issues
• Execute ethical issues addressal roadmap while meeting business and functional requirements of the project
Our approachThis fully online course employs a project-based approach that focuses on the acquisition of practical real-world skills in AI. You will learn directly from industry professionals and receive individualized feedback. You will have the opportunity to go beyond AI theory by actively participating in assignments aimed at using AI for problem-solving.
Who benefits the most?• Tech enthusiasts who want to add AI to their skillset
• Venture capitalists or investors looking to understand ethical issues in AI before investing in AI technologies
• Leaders with financial, operational, or technological responsibilities who are interested in adopting AI
• Managers who want to better support their technical AI employees or who may be involved in AI projects
• Employees in different industries who want to learn how AI solutions can help solve problems or want to contribute to their organization’s AI initiatives more meaningfully
• Students who want to prepare themselves for an AI workforce or explore AI as a potential career path
• Anyone working for the government who participates in policy decisions that may be affected by or related to data and AI
• Anyone who wants to learn the fundamentals of AI or is responsible for selecting and procuring AI systems
Concordia CCE Loyalty Discount
All students who meet at least one of the following conditions, will receive a 10% discount on their CCE course or workshop tuition fees:
1) Have completed a CCE, Undergraduate or Graduate course at Concordia University in a prior academic term;
2) Have completed a language proficiency test (IELTS) at CCE;
3) Have completed a CCE Professional Development Seminar/Workshop.
This discount is based on the information maintained in the Concordia University student information system.
NOTE: This discount does not apply to a language proficiency test enrollment (IELTS) nor to application fees for admission to a CCE program of study.
© Concordia University