About the Institute
The Karl Polanyi Institute of Political Economy is an international research platform, established at Concordia in 1988.
The mission of the Institute is two-fold: to preserve the intellectual legacy of Karl Polanyi and to contribute to reserach and policy debates on new development strategies locally and internationally and on the new or reformed multilateral institutions required for the global order.
What we do
- House the Karl Polanyi Archive and provide archival support
- Participate in research projects at home and abroad
- Host visiting scholars and students
- Host International Polanyi conference (Canada and Abroad)
- Contribute to the dissemination of literature on and/or influenced by Karl Polanyi
Karl Polanyi Archive
The centrepiece of the Institute is the Karl Polanyi Archive. This rich and vast collection of material includes unpublished papers, drafts of manuscripts (published and unpublished), notes, lecture notes and outlines, published articles, papers by others, correspondence with important European and North American intellectuals, political figures, some of whom were former students of Karl Polanyi, and memorabilia.
Friday, May 18 / 4h30 to 6h30 pm
1590 Dr. Penfield (corner Cote-des-Neiges)
For further information: 514 848-8707