Adobe Creative Cloud for Faculty & Staff
Concordia offers faculty and staff an Adobe Creative Cloud license at no cost as part of our Adobe site license. Adobe Creative Cloud is a suite of software used for graphic design, video editing, web development, photography and is available to specific departments.
Who can use it?
Eligible faculty & staff.
How much does it cost?
There is no cost associated with the service.
How to get it
Employees in the Faculty of Fine Arts are eligible to use Adobe Creative Cloud as part of the Adobe site license. For more information, follow the instructions Getting Adobe Creative Cloud on OS X.
Employees in other departments can also request an Adobe Creative Cloud license following the steps below. Licenses are allocated based on academic use and need.
- Request a Creative Cloud license by opening a ticket with the Service Desk.
- Provide the required information in the body of the ticket (see the FAQ for more info).
- Once the license is approved, a consultant will contact you to coordinate the deployment.
- How many Creative Cloud licenses do you require?
- Please describe the need for a Creative Cloud license, emphasizing the academic use.
- List the Creative Cloud apps that are necessary: http://www.adobe.com/ca/creativecloud/catalog/desktop.html
- Provide the Concordia netname of each person receiving a license.
- The Computer Name and Serial Number of the computer receiving the license. Note: If the computer is personally owned, this information is not required.
- Is the computer a PC or a Mac?
- Do you have administrative rights on the computer?
Yes, you are eligible for two instances of the product to be installed under your name.
Here is the procedure on how to install the application on your personal computer:
- Visit Adobe’s website: https://www.adobe.com/ca/.
- Click on ‘Sign In’ at the far right of the screen.
- First login is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Second login is your MyConcordia Portal employee netname and password.
- Click Save File then follow the prompts and instructions to install Creative Cloud.
- Once installed, you can download each individual Creative Cloud app as you wish.
Enter email@example.com for the first login and your netname and password on the second login page.