Concordia Board approves the Human Resources and Financial Services Renewal Project
After nearly four years of assessing the community’s needs, consultation, research and preparatory work, the Human Resources and Financial Services Renewal Project is officially cleared for launch.
Concordia’s Board of Governors approved the business case for the renewal at their meeting on March 13.
“This is an incredibly exciting time for the university,” says Roger Côté, vice-president of Services. “I’m proud of all the work Human Resources and Financial Services have put into the business case over the last few years and I’m looking forward to the positive changes that will result from this project.”
“This project will be a key factor in supporting Concordia toward becoming a next-generation university,” says Denis Cossette, chief financial officer. “We believe that the new system and processes will empower Concordia staff and faculty with streamlined services and provide timely information.”
Human Resources, Procurement and Financial Services departments all identified the need for renewal in order to better serve Concordia for years to come.
Specifically, the project aims to:
- Improve user experience to enhance job efficiency
- Support the university’s academic and research growth
- Renew customer service and strategic support to the university community
- Enhance compliance, controls and risk management
- Expand reporting and analytical tools to support timely and effective decision-making
- Create a common, standardized data structure to improve business efficiency
- Improve business processes for HR, financial and procurement activities to increase efficiency and effectiveness
The last step is to get formal approval from the Ministère de l’Éducation et de l’Enseignement supérieur (MEES) and the Secrétariat du Conseil du Trésor (SCT).
Implementation is scheduled to launch in May 2019 with staged deployments starting in 2020.
Stay tuned for more information as the project team is announced and implementation begins.
Read the project sponsor blog and follow the project updates by visiting the HRFS Renewal Project Cspace page.
Contact the project team with questions or comments by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.