Here’s why it’s important
Following an incident or near miss, the university must fulfill legal obligations and comply with applicable safety regulations. The university also uses the information from these reports to identify what steps need to be taken to remedy any hazardous conditions, in order to assure the community’s safety.
It won’t take long
Completing the Injury / Near Miss Report takes only minutes, yet may help prevent future injuries or accidents. It’s available online (in English and French) and can be completed onscreen then printed, or printed and completed by hand.
How to proceed
Medical emergency or medical attention:
- Call Security at ext. 3717 or 514-848-3717 (FREE from all payphones on campus) to obtain First Aid assistance. Do not move the victim unless necessary.
- Complete the first page of the form and submit it to your supervisor or instructor to complete page 2, preferably within 24 hours of the incident.
- Call Security at ext. 3717 or 514-848-3717
- Mitigate the hazards, where possible
- Complete the first page of the form and submit it to your supervisor or instructor to complete the second page within 24 hours.
Off-campus injuries should also be reported if you’re engaged in a university-sanctioned event at the time of the injury.
- Acquire medical attention.
- Complete the first page of the form and, within 24 hours, submit it to your supervisor or instructor to complete page 2.
- If the supervisor/instructor is not present, or if the event occurs outside of business hours, the event must be reported to Security before leaving the university
- Significant events (e.g. loss of life, loss of a limb, extensive material damage) must be reported immediately to Security and the Environmental Health and Safety Office
- Visitors and volunteers who are injured or who experience a near-miss on campus must submit the form directly to Environmental Health and Safety
Being vigilant and aware of your surroundings is the best way to stay safe. But in the event of an injury, help the university in improving prevention of injuries by reporting it. Together, we can all make Concordia even safer.