Communicating with Emotional Intelligence
Check Upcoming Dates
Course CodeCELD 1200
When you think of the word communication, think about communion, or ‘connecting’ with others… it’s one of the most important keys to your success in business. So, if you’re looking for new ways to improve your communication skills and develop your emotional intelligence, this is the course for you. In it, you’ll explore your personal communication style and measure your EQ (emotional quotient). More importantly, you’ll learn to apply appropriate communication skills and tools in different situations to effectively lead and inspire your team members and better manage change within your organization. Feeling inspired?
Your takeawaysThis course is a great way to help you:
• Evaluate your EQ and identify your personal leadership strengths and development areas;
• Apply appropriate communication techniques (active listening, inspiring communication, difficult conversations, etc.) within various professional contexts;
• Use effective communication (top-to-bottom and bottom-up) techniques to resolve conflict;
• Select appropriate communication channels for a suitable and professional response;
• Conduct effective meetings that help build the team as a whole to better achieve team objectives.
Our approachStudents will engage in practical and critical thinking courses allowing them to reflect and project themselves in their current or future work environment. Teachers will use many pedagogical techniques such as case studies, group discussions, team presentations, introspection questionnaires to apply learning to real-world experiences. This course is designed for the students to meet regularly during live synchronous learning in an online virtual classroom (Zoom).
Who benefits the most?• Students and business professionals who want to become more effective communicators.
• Mid-level managers and other business professionals who want to broaden their skills to open up new career horizons.
• New and lower-level managers who want to move into a higher management role.
• Recent business grads who want to enter the workforce or business professionals seeking a promotion.
• Newcomers to Canada who want a certificate or diploma from a respected Canadian institution.