514-848-2424 ext. 5729
New W2I Studies
W2I will conduct new research highlighting the cases of South Africa and the United Kingdom. Based on scholarly research and interviews, practical tools will be designed for non-governmental organizations, parliamentarians and legislators, the media, and civil society groups in those two countries so that they can effectively pressure their governments to take action to prevent future genocides.
The W2I team visited South Africa in August 2010, and the Lead Researcher, Kyle Matthews, returned in October 2010. On the second visit, Kyle attended follow up meetings with government officials, think tank officials and academics. He also gave a presentation on the Will to Intervene Project at the University of Pretoria.
During these trips to South Africa, the W2I team met with officials from the following organisations:
- United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
- United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA)
- United Nations High Commission for Refugees (UNHCR)
Think Tanks and Foundations
- Brenthurst Foundation
- African Public Policy and Research Institute
- Institute for Strategic Reflection/Mistra
- Institute for Security Studies
- South African Institute for International Affairs
- Institute for Global Dialogue
- Nelson Mandela Foundation