Canadian Taskforce to Combat Online Antisemitism
The ‘Canadian Taskforce to Combat Online Antisemitism” is funded by Heritage Canada and will look at antisemitism online and what can be done to confront it through three virtual roundtables. Results from these discussions will be compiled by a high-level consultant into an authoritative report that will be issued to advise tech companies and government entities on how to address this problem.
These roundtables will be structured as such:
- Wednesday, October 6, 2021, 12 – 1:30 pm ET, focusing on current trends surrounding online antisemitism and holocaust denial.
- Wednesday, November 17, 2021, 12 – 1:30 pm ET: focusing on role of social media companies in combatting online antisemitism
- Wednesday, January 12, 2022, 12 – 1:30 pm ET: focusing on developing a whole-of-society approach to building Canadian resilience to online antisemitism.
In addition to the roundtables and the white paper report, we will also be drafting 2 op-eds.
We are grateful to have project advisors, including:
- Honourable Irwin Cotler, Canada's Special Envoy for Preserving Holocaust Remembrance and Combatting Antisemitism, Chair of the Raoul Wallenberg Center for Human Rights and Former Minister of Justice
- Honourable Tom Mulcair, Visiting Professor at Université de Montreal, and Former Leader of the NDP
- Dr. Catherine Chatterley, Founding Director of the Canadian Institute for the Study of Antisemitism
- Naomi Kikoler, Director of the Simon-Skjodt Center for the Prevention of Genocide
- Michael Levitt, President & CEO, Friends of Simon Wiesenthal Center
- Lana Cuthbertson, CEO & Founder, Areto Labs
We are also grateful to our partners, UNESCO and the Combat Antisemitism Movement
Follow the Taskforce on Twitter: @CTFAASO