514-848-2424, ext. 7613
How Concordia protects your privacy
When evaluating cloud service platforms for potential use by the Concordia community, IITS performs Privacy Impact Assessments (PIA).
- Identification of the types of personal data that individuals must provide about themselves to the vendor in order to use a service
- Identification of what data individuals inadvertently share about themselves while using a service
- Identification of what personal data users will be invited to optionally share in order to take advantage of features of a service
- Evaluation of the data retention policies of a service provider
- Review of the locations where data is stored (e.g., whether servers are located in Canada or elsewhere)
- Evaluation of the security, encryption and data protection features of a service provider
- Assessment of the type of data a service provider shares with third parties
Cloud services vetted by IITS for use by the community
Read more about protective measures for some of the major cloud services below:
If you have any questions or concerns about the usage of these services, please contact email@example.com.