CARE Research Assistant
C. Contardo's Research Lab
December 1, 2023 to November 30, 2024
35 hours per week
$35 per hour
November 23, 2023
Dr. Claudio Contardo
Assist in the integration of algorithm prototypes into production code.
Reporting to Dr. Claudio Contardo, the candidate will be responsible for carrying out research tasks related to project Integrating machine learning and optimization to address very-large scale personnel scheduling problems in collaboration with an industrial partner. Responsibilities will include:
- Assist in research tasks
- Supervise grad (MASC, PhD) students involved in the project
- Report findings to supervisor
- Participate in team projects and other activities as required
- Integrate the research ideas into the industrial partner’s production code base
- PhD or Doctorate in a field pertinent to the primary responsibilities with two years of related work experience.
- Good spoken and written French and English (Level 4)
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with faculty and staff.
- Good communication skills with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
The language skills of qualified candidates may be tested.
How to apply
Interested applicants should submit by email a cover letter and curriculum vitae to Dr. Claudio Contardo at firstname.lastname@example.org by the posting end date of November 23, 2023.
This posting will remain active until the successful applicant is selected. We thank all the applicants, but only the selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.
The position is subject to all conditions outlined in the CARE Collective Agreement.