January 10, 2018
President Shepard announced, in a message to the community, the next steps in response to allegations of sexual misconduct at the university.
Consultations and information gathering took the following forms:
- Meetings with External consultants for best practices
- Universities in British Columbia and Ontario contacted
- Review of various reports including the Sexual Assault Resource Centre (SARC) student research study
- Review of numerous articles
- Meetings with McGill University
Establishing the Task Force:
Meeting with the President’s Executive Group for clarity on proposed objectives in order to develop a mandate.
- Numerous planning meetings towards establishing a Task Force Membership:
- Preparing a call for Task Force participation
- Creating co-curricular recognition for student membership (graduate and undergraduate)
- Creating seniority credits for the part-time faculty member on the committee