EV metro-level door closure: May – August 2023
To the members of the Concordia community,
A construction project on the EV metro-level doors is scheduled to commence on May 1, 2023 with an expected end date of August 31, 2023. During this period, the EV metro-level doors will be closed and inaccessible.
The doors will be fully replaced as they have reached their end of life and are no longer fully functional.
- Stronger and more resistant doors
- Improved access for persons with reduced mobility
- Reduction of air flow and air pressure due to improved door design
Travelling between SGW campus buildings at the metro-level
Community members in the MB, EV, GM, H and LB buildings who normally use the EV doors to get from one building to another must use street-level entrances.
Arriving to the campus via the Guy-Concordia metro station (Guy exit):
- If you are going to the H or LB buildings, proceed as usual. The tunnel remains open and accessible.
- If you are going to the EV, MB or GM buildings, please use the escalators adjacent to the metro exit turnstiles, then use the street-level doors to access the buildings:
- EV street-level door access: 1435 Guy Street
- MB street-level door access: 1450 Guy Street
- GM street-level door access: 1550 Blvd. De Maisonneuve
Leaving the campus to access the Guy-Concordia metro station:
- If you are departing from the H or LB buildings, proceed as usual. The tunnel remains open and accessible.
- If you are departing from the EV, MB or GM buildings, please exit the buildings at street-level and access the metro doors at 1445 Guy Street.
Accessibility during the work
Those with reduced mobility or accessibility needs can get to the metro and H and LB tunnel by using the GM elevator.
- From the metro area, it is located near the Tim Hortons outlet.
- From the main floor of GM, the elevator is through the doors behind the Campus Safety and Prevention (Security) desk.
Those looking to access the MB Building should favour the main entrance until the reopening of the metro-level doors.
Impacts during the work
- Users and occupants of the above-mentioned buildings may see an increase in traffic to street-level building entrances entrance and corridors, stairs and elevators, as well as noise from regular construction work.
- Loud or disruptive work is scheduled to take place outside of regular work hours. However, some noise is still possible.
- Please note that Jugo Juice, Desjardins Bank as well as Le Gym will remain open during the construction period.
Need help or more information?
If you have needs or concerns, please email Facilities Management.
We thank you for your understanding.