Concordia offers support to those affected by recent world events
In the light of recent world events, Concordia has services available for students, faculty and staff who need someone to talk to, for any reason.
If you would like immediate support (available at any time of day), please consider these services.
- Empower Me, a 24/7 tele-counselling service that is freely available to all undergraduate, Canadian students who are enrolled in the CSU Health and Dental Plan: 1-833-628-5589.
- inConfidence: a 24/7 tele-counselling service that is freely available to all International students (undergraduate and graduate) who are insured with the ISO BlueCross health plan.
- Concordia's Multi-faith and Spirituality Centre for active listening. Call 514-848-2424, ext. 3593 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additionally, if you need academic accommodations for your classes, please speak to your academic advisor. They can help you.
For faculty and staff
Concordia’s Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is available to all employees, including their spouses and dependent children.
The EAP is a strictly voluntary, confidential counselling, referral and information service that provides a broad range of services to employees and their immediate family. Services in English and French are available 24 hours a day, seven days per week, at no cost.
For assistance, please call Homewood Health, Concordia’s EAP provider, at:
- 1-800-663-1142 (English Services)
- 1-866-398-9505 (French Services)
- International (Call Collect): 604-689-1717
- TTY: 1-888-384-1152
How to help
Students, faculty and staff can donate to the Ukraine Humanitarian Crisis Appeal through the Canadian Red Cross. Thanks to the overwhelming generosity of supporters, the Government of Canada has already matched $10 million in donations from Canadians in response to the humanitarian crisis.
Individual donations will continue to support those impacted by the crisis in Ukraine.
Learn more about how Concordia provides support in times of need.