October 10: what’s open and what’s closed at Concordia
No classes or other instructional activities will occur on Thanksgiving, which takes place this year on Monday, October 10.
Only staff, faculty and graduate students with appropriate Concordia-issued identification will have access to offices, studios and laboratories; undergraduate students needing access will require a letter from their departments.
The following services will be closed:
Other relevant information
- Le Centre, the Ed Meagher Arena (Loyola Campus) and Le Gym (Sir George Williams Campus) will be closed.
- The R. Howard Webster and Georges P. Vanier library locations as well as the Grey Nuns Reading Room will be open for study only.
- The Grey Nuns Reading Room and study rooms will stay open until 11 p.m.
Food and beverage services
- The Grey Nuns Dining Hall and the Buzz Dining Hall will remain open during their regular business hours.
- All other food service locations will be closed.
- Parking in the J.W. McConnell Building (LB) will be closed and no attendant will be on site (intercom service only).
- Loyola Campus parking will be open.
- Faubourg Building parking will be open.
- Tunnels on the Sir George Williams Campus will be closed from 11 p.m. on Sunday, October 9 until 7 a.m. on Tuesday, October 11.
Emergency exercise at Loyola
- On October 10, Concordia is holding a simulated emergency situation — classified as a significant event — on the Loyola Campus. The exercise will take place from 9 a.m. to noon in the Communications and Journalism (CJ) Building and surrounding areas, including the Grove.
- There will be a modest police presence that day. The CJ Building will be closed to faculty, staff, students and the public during the exercise. However, the rest of the Loyola Campus will be accessible, with the exception of the Administration (AD) Building.
- The AD Building will be closed October 7 to 11 as a major electrical upgrade takes place.
Going away for the long weekend? Visit Concordia’s travel safety web page.