The role of sacred texts in radicalization and religious violence
André Gagné, associate professor in the departments of Religion and Theology, explains the ways sacred texts from various religious traditions contain the raw material which may lead to radicalization and religious violence.
Read recent op-eds from André Gagné:
- "Les religions et leurs textes sacrés incitent-ils à la violence et à la radicalisation?"
– Le Huffington Post Québec, November 8, 2014
- "Des textes sacrés explosifs. Incitation à la violence et à la radicalisation?"
– Le Devoir, November 4, 2014
- "The Gospel of Thomas and Christian Origins"
– The Montreal Review, December 2011