Skip to main content

Leaving on a jet plane? Do this first

Concordians are urged to register online before travelling abroad
November 27, 2014
Source: University Communications Services

100-beaches-travel-registry-620 Photo by Michael Grimm

Travelling abroad can be a risky undertaking, but Concordia is looking out for its constituents.

By registering university-related trips with the Travel Registry, faculty, staff and students have a helping hand at home in the advent of a crisis or natural disaster. This confidential service is accessed through the MyConcordia portal. Click on the Travel Registry link in the menu.

Further details are available on the Travel Safety page, along with links to policies on university travel and related resources from the Government of Canada, as well as helpful tips.

Concordians are also encouraged to check the federal government’s Country Travel Advice and Advisories page to see whether a warning has been issued for the country or countries they plan to visit. The government’s advisories provide an up-to-date assessment of the risks associated with travel to any particular country.

Faculty and staff covered by the Concordia Health Plan also have access to emergency care and travel assistance outside their province of residence. More information is available on the Travel Assistance page.
For faculty and staff with temporary residency status, the Régie de l’assurance maladie du Québec and Concordia health and dental coverage are not available during travel outside of Quebec for more than 21 consecutive days.

Back to top Back to top

© Concordia University