Give to Centraide
Concordia’s 2010 Centraide Campaign has begun.
This year’s goal is $185,000. Please give Centraide the power to help its network of 360 agencies that provide direct support to over 500,000 people in the Greater Montreal area, which includes Laval and the South Shore.
These 360 agencies combat food insecurity and elder neglect, assist school dropouts, empower the economically-disadvantaged and deal with many other societal concerns. Eighty-eight percent of each donation goes directly to the agencies that Centraide supports.
How to donate
• As an employee, the easiest way to give is via payroll deduction - the donation is taken off each pay, so it is hardly noticeable. For example, a donation of $8 per pay actually costs $5.35 and generates an annual donation of $208 to one of Centraide’s agencies.
• Keep an eye out for a personalized email by the end of the week that will explain how to make your payroll donation online. If an email is not received, please write to Centraide@concordia.ca or visit Concordia's Centraide site to download a pledge form.
Organize an event to raise money
• It's easy to organize a bake sale, loonie line or simply pass the hat or bucket at an event. Email Centraide@concordia.ca to get support!
Upcoming events: Save the dates!
• On Thursday, October 28 from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the lobby of the Engineering, Computer Science and Fine Arts Integrated Complex (1515 Ste. Catherine St.), our talented students in the Faculty of Fine Arts will be selling pre-decorated pumpkins to benefit Centraide. Buying a pumpkin will save precious time on Halloween while supporting Centraide.
• Pasta lunches from 12 to 2 p.m. – Why not treat a friend to lunch and raise money for Centraide at the same time?
o Thursday, November 4 in the lobby of the Engineering, Computer Science and Visual Arts Integrated Complex
o Thursday, November 11 in the Science Pavilion (SP-S1-199, 7141 Sherbrooke St. W.)
o Thursday, November 25 in the atrium of the Library Building (1400 De Maisonneuve Blvd. W.)
Raffle and prize draws
Until November 26, there will be a raffle and prize draws, including a 42-inch LCD television and an iPad. Join Concordia in supporting this very worthy campaign.
• Concordia Centraide Campaign
• Centraide of Greater Montreal
• Contact Concordia’s Centraide Committee