December 15-28, 2014
Compiled by Myriam MÉNARD
- UPDATE ON THE INVESTIGATIONS INTO THE 21 MAY 2014 EVENTS
- UPDATE ON THE ICC’S PRELIMINARY INVESTIGATION
- UPDATE ON THE ESTABLISHMENT OF MALI’S TRUTH, JUSTICE AND RECONCILIATION COMMISSION
1. UPDATE ON THE INVESTIGATIONS INTO THE 21 MAY 2014 EVENTS IN KIDAL
MEDIA L’INDICATEUR DU RENOUVEAU
“Débâcle de l’armée à Kidal : Le peuple attend encore de savoir la vérité”, in French, 23 Dec 2014
- The Parliamentary Commission of Inquiry set up in June 2014 to investigate into the 21 May 2014 events in Kidal is delaying the publication of its report on this matter.
- The article underlined that the Malian people have the right to know the truth about the events in Kidal, which are perceived as a national humiliation.
2. UPDATE ON THE ICC’S PRELIMINARY INVESTIGATION
PRIVATELY OWNED MEDIA
“Poursuites de la CPI au Mali sur les présumés crimes au Nord : Les enquêtes entrent bientôt dans une phase décisive avec l’identification des auteurs”, Bamako, in French, 23 Dec 2014
- Pascal Tioland, the representative for judicial cooperation at the Office of the ICC Prosecutor, has announced that the OTP has completed its preliminary investigation in Mali and is now working to identify alleged perpetrators.
- In an interview with Studio Tamani, M. Tioland said: “Our investigators are at work. They continue to gather information to build and identify who are the perpetrators of the most serious crimes that were committed since January 2012.”
3. UPDATE ON THE ESTABLISHMENT OF MALI’S TRUTH, JUSTICE AND RECONCILIATION COMMISSION
PRIVATELY OWNED MEDIA
L’INDICATEUR DU RENOUVEAU
“Commission vérité, justice réconciliation : La mise place prévue deux mois après la signature de l’accord d’Alger”, in French, 22 Dec 2014
- Lieutenant Colonel Abdoulaye Macalou, the Secretary-General of Mali’s Truth, Justice and Reconciliation Commission (CVJR), announced that the Commission will be officially set up 60 days after the signature of a peace agreement resulting from the peace talks held in Algiers.
- The mission of the Commission is “to contribute to the establishment of peace through the search for truth.”